(1) Except as provided in division (A)(2) of this section, a certificate to prescribe issued under section 4723.48 of the Revised Code as an externship certificate is valid for not more than one year, unless earlier suspended or revoked by the board of nursing.
(2) An externship certificate may be extended beyond the period for which it was issued if the holder submits to the board evidence of continued participation in an externship. The extension period shall not exceed two years.
(3) If an externship is terminated for any reason, the nurse shall notify the board.
(B) To be eligible for a certificate to prescribe after receiving an externship certificate, an applicant shall include with the application submitted under section 4723.48 of the Revised Code all of the following:
(1) A statement from a supervising physician attesting to the applicant's successful completion of the externship;
(2) The fee required by section 4723.08 of the Revised Code for a certificate to prescribe;
(3) Any additional information the board requires pursuant to rules adopted under section 4723.50 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.194,HB 303, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.
Renumbered and amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.14,SB 89, §1, eff. 3/29/2010.
Effective Date: 05-17-2000