(A) There is hereby created the committee on prescriptive governance. The committee shall consist of the following members:
(1) Two advanced practice registered nurses, one of whom is nominated by an Ohio advanced practice registered nurse specialty association and one of whom is nominated by the Ohio association of advanced practice registered nurses or its successor organization;
(2) A member of the board of nursing who is an advanced practice registered nurse and represents the public;
(3) Two physicians, each actively engaged in practice with a clinical nurse specialist, certified nurse-midwife, or certified nurse practitioner, one of whom is nominated by the Ohio state medical association or its successor organization and one of whom is nominated by the Ohio academy of family physicians or its successor organization;
(4) A member of the state medical board who is a physician and represents the public;
(5) A pharmacist actively engaged in practice in this state as a clinical pharmacist.
(B) The board of nursing shall appoint the members who are nurses, the state medical board shall appoint the members who are physicians, and the state board of pharmacy shall appoint the member who is a pharmacist.
(C) Initial appointments to the committee shall be made not later than sixty days after the effective date of this section. Of the initial appointments the board of nursing must make, one shall be for a term of one year and two shall be for terms of two years. Of the initial appointments the state medical board must make, one shall be for a term of one year and two shall be for terms of two years. The initial appointment by the state board of pharmacy shall be for a term of two years. Thereafter, terms shall be for two years, with each term ending on the same day of the same month as did the term that it succeeds. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as appointments.
When the term of any member expires, a successor shall be appointed in the same manner as the initial appointment. Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which the member's predecessor was appointed shall hold office for the remainder of that term. A member shall continue in office subsequent to the expiration date of the member's term until the member's successor takes office or until a period of sixty days has elapsed, whichever occurs first. A member may be reappointed for one additional term only.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 216, §1, eff. 4/6/2017.