(A) To be eligible to receive a medication aide certificate, an applicant shall meet all of the following conditions:
(1) Be at least eighteen years of age;
(3) If the applicant is to practice as a medication aide in a nursing home, be a nurse aide who satisfies the requirements of division (A)(1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), or (8) of section 3721.32 of the Revised Code;
(4) If the applicant is to practice as a medication aide in a residential care facility, be a nurse aide who satisfies the requirements of division (A)(1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), or (8) of section 3721.32 of the Revised Code or an individual who has at least one year of direct care experience in a residential care facility;
(7) Have not committed any act that is grounds for disciplinary action under section 3123.47 or 4723.28 of the Revised Code or be determined by the board to have made restitution, been rehabilitated, or both;
(8) Not be required to register under Chapter 2950. of the Revised Code or a substantially similar law of another state, the United States, or another country;
(B) If an applicant meets the requirement specified in division (A) of this section, the board shall issue a medication aide certificate to the applicant. If a medication aide certificate is issued to an individual on the basis of having at least one year of direct care experience working in a residential care facility, as provided in division (A)(4) of this section, the certificate is valid for use only in a residential care facility. The board shall state the limitation on the certificate issued to the individual.
(C) A medication aide certificate is valid for two years, unless earlier suspended or revoked. The certificate may be renewed in accordance with procedures specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4723.69 of the Revised Code. To be eligible for renewal, an applicant shall pay the renewal fee established in the rules and meet all renewal qualifications specified in the rules.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.194, HB 303, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.
Effective Date: 06-30-2005