(A) The board of nursing shall issue a certificate to practice as a dialysis technician to an applicant who meets the following applicable requirements:
(b) The name and address of each approved dialysis training program in which the applicant has enrolled and the dates during which the applicant was enrolled in each program.
(2) For all applicants, the applicant meets the requirements established by the board's rules.
(3) For all applicants, the applicant demonstrates competency to practice as a dialysis technician, as specified in division (B) of this section.
(4) For applicants who entered a dialysis training program on or after June 1, 2003, the results of a criminal records check conducted in accordance with section 4723.091 of the Revised Code demonstrate that the applicant is not ineligible for certification as specified in section 4723.092 of the Revised Code.
(B) For an applicant to demonstrate competence to practice as a dialysis technician, one of the following must apply:
(a) Has performed dialysis care for a dialysis provider for not less than twelve months immediately prior to the date of application
(b) Has passed a certification examination demonstrating competence to perform dialysis care not later than eighteen months after successfully completing a dialysis training program approved by the board under section 4723.74 of the Revised Code.
(2) The applicant does all of the following:
(a) Has a testing organization approved by the board submit evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant passed an examination, in another jurisdiction, that demonstrates the applicant's competence to provide dialysis care;
(b) Submits evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant has been employed to perform dialysis care in another jurisdiction for not less than twelve months immediately prior to the date of application for certification under this section;
(c) Submits evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant completed at least two hours of education directly related to this chapter and the rules adopted under it.
(C) An applicant who does not pass the certification examination described in division (B)(1)(b) of this section within the time period prescribed in that division may continue to pursue certification by repeating the entire training and application process, including doing all of the following:
(1) Enrolling in and successfully completing a dialysis training program approved by the board;
(2) Submitting a request to the bureau of criminal identification and investigation for a criminal records check and check of federal bureau of investigation records pursuant to section 4723.091 of the Revised Code;
(4) Demonstrating competence to perform dialysis care in accordance with division (B) of this section.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.194,HB 303, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.
Effective Date: 07-08-2002