(A) Each person who desires to commence the practice of optometry in the state shall file with the executive director of the state board of optometry a written application for a certificate of licensure and a therapeutic pharmaceutical agents certificate. The application shall be accompanied by the fees specified under section 4725.34 of the Revised Code and shall contain all information the board considers necessary to determine whether an applicant is qualified to receive the certificates. The application shall be made upon the form prescribed by the board and shall be verified by the oath of the applicant.
(B) To receive a certificate of licensure and a therapeutic pharmaceutical agents certificate, an applicant must meet all of the following conditions:
(1) Be at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Be of good moral character;
(3) Complete satisfactorily a course of study of at least six college years;
(4) Graduate from a school of optometry approved by the board under section 4725.10 of the Revised Code;
(5) Pass the licensing examination accepted by the board under section 4725.11 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 03-09-1999