(A) Each insurer providing professional liability insurance to an optometrist licensed under this chapter, or any other entity that seeks to indemnify the professional liability of an optometrist licensed under this chapter, shall notify the state board of optometry within thirty days after the final disposition of a claim for damages. The notice shall contain the following information:
(1) The name and address of the person submitting the notification;
(2) The name and address of the insured who is the subject of the claim;
(3) The name of the person filing the written claim;
(4) The date of final disposition;
(5) If applicable, the identity of the court in which the final disposition of the claim took place.
(B) Each optometrist licensed under this chapter shall notify the board within thirty days of receipt of the final disposition of a claim for damages or any action involving malpractice. The optometrist shall notify the board by registered mail and shall provide all reports and other information required by the board.
(C) Information received under this section is not a public record for purposes of section 149.43 of the Revised Code and shall not be released except as otherwise required by law or a court of competent jurisdiction.
Effective Date: 03-09-1999 .