(A) Within one year from the effective date of this section, any person who has or is engaged in optical dispensing and who desires to continue or recommence the practice of optical dispensing without having to satisfy the requirements of sections 4725.48 to 4725.50 of the Revised Code, shall submit a properly completed written application on an approved form, accompanied by a fee of fifty dollars, to the Ohio optical dispensers board. The application shall contain information sufficient to establish that the applicant:
(1) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Is of good moral character, as defined by rules adopted under division (B) of section 4725.44 of the Revised Code;
(3) Is free of contagious or infectious disease, as defined by rules adopted under division (B) of section 4725.44 of the Revised Code;
(4) Is a graduate of an accredited high school of any state, or has received an education equivalent thereto; and
(5) Has successfully completed a course, as prescribed by board rule, in a school for optical dispensing education approved by the board, or has had at least one year of optical dispensing experience, as prescribed by rule of the board, or has completed a combination of such prescribed schooling and experience, as prescribed by rule of the board. The applicant shall submit sufficient proof, as determined by rule of the board, of the completion of such schooling or experience.
(B) If an application submitted under division (A) of this section establishes that the applicant meets the criteria set forth therein, the board shall license the applicant as a licensed dispensing optician of the state. Such licensee shall be designated as a spectacle dispensing optician, contact lens dispensing optician, or spectacle-contact lens dispensing optician, in accordance with the requirements of sections 4725.40 to 4725.59 of the Revised Code.
(C) Any license issued under this section shall be renewed in accordance with section 4725.51 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 03-22-1979