(A) A certificate to practice as a physician assistant issued under this chapter authorizes the holder to practice as a physician assistant, subject to all of the following:
(1) The physician assistant shall practice only under the supervision, control, and direction of a physician with whom the physician assistant has entered into a supervision agreement approved by the state medical board under section 4730.17 of the Revised Code.
(2) When the physician assistant practices outside a health care facility, the physician assistant shall practice in accordance with the physician supervisory plan approved under section 4730.17 of the Revised Code for the physician who is responsible for supervising the physician assistant.
(3) When the physician assistant practices within a health care facility, the physician assistant shall practice in accordance with the policies of the health care facility.
(B) For purposes of division (A) of this section and all other provisions of this chapter pertaining to the practice of a physician assistant under the policies of a health care facility, both of the following apply:
(1) A physician who is supervising a physician assistant within a health care facility may impose limitations on the physician assistant's practice that are in addition to any limitations applicable under the policies of the facility.
(2) The state medical board may, subject to division (D) of section 4730.06 of the Revised Code, adopt rules designating facilities to be included as health care facilities that are in addition to the facilities specified in divisions (C)(1) and (2) of section 4730.01 of the Revised Code. The rules adopted shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 05-17-2006