(A) A person seeking a certificate to practice a limited branch of medicine shall file with the state medical board an application in a manner prescribed by the board. The application shall include or be accompanied by all of the following:
(1) Evidence that the applicant is at least eighteen years of age and of good moral character;
(2) Evidence that the applicant has attained high school graduation or its equivalent;
(3) Evidence that the applicant holds one of the following:
(a) A diploma or certificate from a school, college, or institution in good standing as determined by the board, showing the completion of the required courses of instruction;
(b) A diploma or certificate from a school, college, or institution in another state or jurisdiction showing completion of a course of instruction that meets course requirements determined by the board through rules adopted under section 4731.05 of the Revised Code;
(c) For not less than five years preceding application, a current license, registration, or certificate in good standing in another state for massage therapy or cosmetic therapy.
(4) Evidence that the applicant has successfully passed an examination, prescribed in rules described in section 4731.16 of the Revised Code, to determine competency to practice the applicable limited branch of medicine;
(5) An affidavit signed by the applicant attesting to the accuracy and truthfulness of information submitted under this section and consenting to release of information;
(6) Any other information the board requires.
(C) At the time of making application for a certificate to practice a limited branch of medicine, the applicant shall pay to the board a fee of one hundred fifty dollars, no part of which shall be returned. No application shall be considered filed until the board receives the appropriate fee.
(D) The board may investigate the application materials received under this section and contact any agency or organization for recommendations or other information about the applicant.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.120, HB 292, §1, eff. 9/6/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2012.
Effective Date: 03-09-1999; 2008 SB279 01-06-2009