(A) This section applies to both of the following:
(1) An applicant seeking restoration of a certificate issued under this chapter that has been in a suspended or inactive state for any cause for more than two years;
(2) An applicant seeking issuance of a certificate pursuant to section 4731.17, 4731.29, 4731.295, 4731.57, or 4731.571 of the Revised Code who for more than two years has not been engaged in the practice of medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, podiatric medicine and surgery, or a limited branch of medicine as any of the following:
(a) An active practitioner;
(c) A student in a college of podiatry determined by the state medical board to be in good standing;
(B) Before restoring a certificate to good standing for or issuing a certificate to an applicant subject to this section, the state medical board may impose terms and conditions including any one or more of the following:
(1) Requiring the applicant to pass an oral or written examination, or both, to determine the applicant's present fitness to resume practice;
(2) Requiring the applicant to obtain additional training and to pass an examination upon completion of such training;
(3) Requiring an assessment of the applicant's physical skills for purposes of determining whether the applicant's coordination, fine motor skills, and dexterity are sufficient for performing medical evaluations and procedures in a manner that meets the minimal standards of care;
(4) Requiring an assessment of the applicant's skills in recognizing and understanding diseases and conditions;
(5) Requiring the applicant to undergo a comprehensive physical examination, which may include an assessment of physical abilities, evaluation of sensory capabilities, or screening for the presence of neurological disorders;
(6) Restricting or limiting the extent, scope, or type of practice of the applicant.
The board shall consider the moral background and the activities of the applicant during the period of suspension or inactivity, in accordance with section 4731.08, 4731.19, or 4731.52 of the Revised Code. The board shall not restore a certificate under this section unless the applicant complies with sections 4776.01 to 4776.04 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.120, HB 292, §1, eff. 9/6/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2012.
Effective Date: 04-10-2001; 2007 HB104 03-24-200.