(A) No person shall practice medicine and surgery, or any of its branches, without the appropriate certificate from the state medical board to engage in the practice. No person shall advertise or claim to the public to be a practitioner of medicine and surgery, or any of its branches, without a certificate from the board. No person shall open or conduct an office or other place for such practice without a certificate from the board. No person shall conduct an office in the name of some person who has a certificate to practice medicine and surgery, or any of its branches. No person shall practice medicine and surgery, or any of its branches, after the person's certificate has been revoked, or, if suspended, during the time of such suspension.
A certificate signed by the secretary of the board to which is affixed the official seal of the board to the effect that it appears from the records of the board that no such certificate to practice medicine and surgery, or any of its branches, in this state has been issued to the person specified therein, or that a certificate to practice, if issued, has been revoked or suspended, shall be received as prima-facie evidence of the record of the board in any court or before any officer of the state.
(B) No certificate from the state medical board is required by a physician who comes into this state to practice medicine at a free-of-charge camp accredited by the SeriousFun children's network that specializes in providing therapeutic recreation, as defined in section 2305.231 of the Revised Code, for individuals with chronic illnesses as long as all of the following apply:
(1) The physician provides documentation to the medical director of the camp that the physician is licensed and in good standing to practice medicine in another state;
(2) The physician provides services only at the camp or in connection with camp events or camp activities that occur off the grounds of the camp;
(3) The physician receives no compensation for the services;
(4) The physician provides those services within this state for not more than thirty days per calendar year;
(5) The camp has a medical director who holds an unrestricted license to practice medicine issued in accordance with division (A) of this section.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Effective Date: 03-09-1999