(A) The license provided for in this chapter shall entitle the holder thereof to practice chiropractic in this state. All of the following apply to the practice of chiropractic in this state:
(1) A chiropractor is authorized to examine, diagnose, and assume responsibility for the care of patients, any or all of which is included in the practice of chiropractic.
(2) The practice of chiropractic does not permit a chiropractor to treat infectious, contagious, or venereal disease, to perform surgery, or to prescribe or administer drugs for treatment.
(3) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, the practice of chiropractic does not permit a chiropractor to perform acupuncture.
(4) A chiropractor may use roentgen rays only for diagnostic purposes.
(5) The practice of chiropractic does not include the performance of abortions.
(C) An individual holding a valid, current license to practice chiropractic is entitled to use the title "doctor," "doctor of chiropractic," "chiropractic physician," or "chiropractic" and is a "physician" for the purposes of Chapter 4123. of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 4734.15
History. Effective Date: 09-26-2003; 2007 SB33 08-22-2007