(A) An individual whom the state chiropractic board licenses to engage in the practice of chiropractic or certifies to practice acupuncture may render the professional services of a chiropractor or chiropractor certified to practice acupuncture within this state through a corporation formed under division (B) of section 1701.03 of the Revised Code, a limited liability company formed under Chapter 1705. of the Revised Code, a partnership, or a professional association formed under Chapter 1785. of the Revised Code. This division does not preclude a chiropractor from rendering professional services as a chiropractor or chiropractor certified to practice acupuncture through another form of business entity, including, but not limited to, a nonprofit corporation or foundation, or in another manner that is authorized by or in accordance with this chapter, another chapter of the Revised Code, or rules of the state chiropractic board adopted pursuant to this chapter.
(B) A corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or professional association described in division (A) of this section may be formed for the purpose of providing a combination of the professional services of the following individuals who are licensed, certificated, or otherwise legally authorized to practice their respective professions:
(1) Optometrists who are authorized to practice optometry, under Chapter 4725. of the Revised Code;
(2) Chiropractors who are authorized to practice chiropractic or acupuncture under this chapter;
(3) Psychologists who are authorized to practice psychology under Chapter 4732. of the Revised Code;
(4) Registered or licensed practical nurses who are authorized to practice nursing as registered nurses or as licensed practical nurses under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code;
(5) Pharmacists who are authorized to practice pharmacy under Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code;
(8) Mechanotherapists who are authorized to practice mechanotherapy under section 4731.151 of the Revised Code;
(9) Doctors of medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, or podiatric medicine and surgery who are authorized for their respective practices under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code. This division shall apply notwithstanding a provision of any code of ethics established or adopted under section 4734.16 of the Revised Code that prohibits an individual from engaging in the practice of chiropractic or acupuncture in combination with an individual who is licensed, certificated, or otherwise authorized for the practice of optometry, psychology, nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, mechanotherapy, medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, or podiatric medicine and surgery, but who is not also licensed under this chapter to engage in the practice of chiropractic.
Effective Date: 04-10-2001; 04-06-2007; 2007 SB33 08-22-2007