Unless otherwise agreed in writing, a licensee owes no further duty to a client after performance of all duties or after any contract has terminated or expired, except for both of the following:
(A) Providing the client with an accounting of all moneys and property relating to the transaction;
(B) Keeping confidential all information received during the course of the transaction unless:
(1) The client permits disclosure;
(2) Disclosure is required by law or by court order;
(3) The information becomes public from a source other than the licensee;
(4) The information is necessary to prevent a crime the client intends to commit;
(5) Disclosure is necessary to defend the brokerage or its licensees against an accusation of wrongful conduct or to establish or defend a claim that a commission is owed on a transaction ;
(6) Disclosure is regarding sales information requested by a real estate appraiser assistant registered under Chapter 4763. of the Revised Code or a real estate appraiser licensed or certified under Chapter 4763. of the Revised Code for the purposes of performing an appraisal. No cause of action shall arise on behalf of any person against a licensee for releasing information pursuant to this division.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 12-13-1996