The administrative section of the Ohio construction industry licensing board is responsible for the administration of this chapter and shall do all of the following:
(A) Schedule the contractor examinations each of the other sections of the board directs. Each type of examination shall be held at least four times per year.
(B) Select and contract with one or more persons to do all of the following relative to the examinations:
(1) Prepare, administer, score, and maintain the confidentiality of the examinations;
(2) Be responsible for all the expenses required to fulfill division (B)(1) of this section;
(3) Charge an applicant a fee in an amount the administrative section of the board authorizes for administering the examination
(C) Issue and renew licenses as follows:
(1) Issue a license to any individual who the appropriate specialty section of the board determines is qualified pursuant to section 4740.06 of the Revised Code to hold a license and has attained, within the twelve months preceding the individual's application for licensure, a score on the examination that the appropriate specialty section authorizes for the licensed trade.
(a) Each license shall include the contractor's name, license number , expiration date, and the name of the contracting company associated with the individual, as applicable.
(b) Each license issued to an individual who holds more than one valid license shall contain the same license number and expiration date as the original license issued to that individual.
(2) Renew licenses for individuals who meet the renewal requirements of section 4740.06 of the Revised Code.
(D) Make an annual written report to the director of commerce on proceedings had by or before the board for the previous year and make an annual statement of all money received and expended by the board during the year;
(E) Keep a record containing the name, address, the date on which the board issues or renews a license to, and the license number of, every heating, ventilating, and air conditioning contractor, refrigeration contractor, electrical contractor, plumbing contractor, and hydronics contractor issued a license pursuant to this chapter;
(F) Regulate a contractor's use and display of a license issued pursuant to this chapter and of any information contained in that license;
(G) Adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code as necessary to properly discharge the administrative section's duties under this chapter. The rules shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Application procedures for examinations;
(2) Specifications for continuing education requirements for license renewal that address all of the following:
(a) A requirement that an individual who holds any number of valid and unexpired licenses accrue a total of ten hours of continuing education courses per year;
(b) Fees the board charges to persons who provide continuing education courses, in an amount of twenty-five dollars annually for each person approved to provide courses, not more than ten dollars plus one dollar per credit hour for each course submitted to a specialty section of the board for approval according to division (F) of section 4740.05 of the Revised Code, and one dollar per credit hour of instruction per attendee;
(c) A provision limiting approval of continuing education courses to one year.
(3) Requirements for criminal records checks of applicants under section 4776.03 of the Revised Code.
(H) Adopt any continuing education curriculum as the other sections of the board establish or approve pursuant to division (F) of section 4740.05 of the Revised Code;
(I) Keep a record of its proceedings and do all things necessary to carry out this chapter.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 78, §1, eff. 9/17/2014.
Effective Date: 09-18-2001; 09-16-2004; 03-30-2007; 2007 HB104 03-24-2008; 2008 HB444 04-07-2009