(A) The board of executives of long-term services and supports, or a government or private entity under contract with the board to administer examinations for licensure as a nursing home administrator, shall admit to an examination any candidate who:
(1) Pays the application fee of fifty dollars;
(2) Submits evidence of good moral character and suitability;
(3) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(4) Has completed educational requirements and work experience satisfactory to the board;
(5) Submits an application on forms prescribed by the board;
(6) Pays the examination fee charged by the board or government or private entity.
(B) Nothing in Chapter 4751. of the Revised Code or the rules adopted thereunder shall be construed to require an applicant for licensure or a temporary license, who is employed by an institution for the care and treatment of the sick to demonstrate proficiency in any medical techniques or to meet any medical educational qualifications or medical standards not in accord with the remedial care and treatment provided by the institution if the institution is all of the following:
(1) Operated exclusively for patients who use spiritual means for healing and for whom the acceptance of medical care is inconsistent with their religious beliefs;
(2) Accredited by a national accrediting organization;
(3) Exempt from federal income taxation under section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 100 Stat. 2085, 26 U.S.C.A. 1, as amended;
(4) Providing twenty-four hour nursing care pursuant to the exemption in division (E) of section 4723.32 of the Revised Code from the licensing requirements of Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code.
(C) If a person fails three times to attain a passing grade on the examination, said person, before the person may again be admitted to examination, shall meet such additional education or experience requirements, or both, as may be prescribed by the board.
Cite as R.C. § 4751.05
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 04-10-2001