(A) The holder of a license issued under this chapter shall do all of the following:
(1) Maintain a physical facility and a medical equipment inventory;
(2) Establish equipment management and personnel policies;
(3) Provide life-sustaining home medical equipment, as described in division (B)(1) of section 4752.01 of the Revised Code, and related home medical equipment services twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week;
(4) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, require persons in its employ or under its control who provide home medical equipment services to successfully complete continuing education programs in home medical equipment services that meet the standards established by rule adopted under section 4752.17 of the Revised Code and maintain records on participation in those programs;
(5) Maintain records on all individuals to whom it provides home medical equipment and services;
(6) Maintain liability insurance, including coverage for professional and products liability;
(7) Comply with all other requirements established by rule adopted under section 4752.17 of the Revised Code that apply to persons licensed under this chapter.
(B) For the first renewal of a license that was issued in the last six months of the biennial licensing period established under section 4752.05 of the Revised Code, the board may waive all or part of the continuing education requirements that otherwise would have to be met to renew the license under section 4752.06 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 09-16-2004; 2008 HB562 09-22-2008