4757.27 License as independent social worker.

(A) The social workers professional standards committee of the counselor, social worker, and marriage and family therapist board shall issue a license as an independent social worker to each applicant who submits a properly completed application, pays the fee established under section 4757.31 of the Revised Code, and meets the requirements specified in division (B) of this section. An independent social worker license shall clearly indicate each academic degree earned by the person to whom it has been issued.

(B) To be eligible for a license as an independent social worker, an individual must meet the following requirements:

(1) The individual must be of good moral character.

(2) The individual must hold a master's degree in social work from an educational institution accredited by the council on social work education or an educational institution in candidacy for accreditation by the council.

(3) The individual must complete at least two years of post-master's degree social work experience supervised by an independent social worker.

(4) The individual must pass an examination administered by the board for the purpose of determining ability to practice as an independent social worker.

(C) The committee may issue a temporary license to an applicant who meets all of the requirements to be licensed under this section, pending the receipt of transcripts or action by the committee to issue a license as an independent social worker.

(D) The board shall adopt any rules necessary for the committee to implement this section, including criteria for the committee to use in determining whether an applicant's training should be accepted and supervised experience approved. Rules adopted under this division shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.

Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 232, §1, eff. 7/10/2014.

Effective Date: 2002 HB374 04-07-2003