(A) The social workers professional standards committee of the counselor, social worker, and marriage and family therapist board shall issue a license as a social worker to each applicant who submits a properly completed application, pays the fee established under section 4757.31 of the Revised Code, and meets the requirements specified in division (B) of this section. A social worker license shall clearly indicate each academic degree earned by the person to whom it is issued.
(B) To be eligible for a license as a social worker, an individual must meet the following requirements:
(1) The individual must be of good moral character.
(2) The individual must hold from an accredited educational institution one of the following:
(a) A baccalaureate degree in social work ;
(b) A master's degree in social work;
(c) A doctorate in social work.
(3) The individual must pass an examination administered by the board for the purpose of determining ability to practice as a social worker.
(C) The committee may issue a temporary license to practice as a social worker as follows:
(1) To an applicant who meets all of the requirements to be licensed under this section, pending the receipt of transcripts or action by the committee to issue a license as a social worker ;
(2) For a period not to exceed ninety days, to an applicant who provides the board with a statement from the applicant's academic institution indicating that the applicant has met the academic requirements for the applicant's degree, and the projected date the applicant will receive the applicant's transcript showing a conferred degree.
On application to the committee, a temporary license issued under division (C)(2) of this section may be renewed for good cause shown.
(D) The board shall adopt any rules necessary for the committee to implement this section, including criteria for the committee to use in determining whether an applicant's training should be accepted and supervised experience approved. Rules adopted under this division shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 232, §1, eff. 7/10/2014.
Effective Date: 2002 HB374 04-07-200.