(A) There is hereby created the chemical dependency professionals board.
(B) The governor shall appoint all of the following voting members of the board with the advice and consent of the senate:
(1) Four individuals who hold a valid independent chemical dependency counselor-clinical supervisor license or independent chemical dependency counselor license issued under this chapter, including at least two of whom have received at least a master's degree in a field related to chemical dependency counseling from an accredited educational institution;
(2) Two individuals who hold a valid chemical dependency counselor III license issued under this chapter;
(3) One individual who holds a valid chemical dependency counselor II license issued under this chapter;
(4) Two individuals who hold a valid prevention consultant certificate or prevention specialist certificate issued under this chapter;
(5) One individual who is authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery and has experience practicing in a field related to chemical dependency counseling;
(6) Two individuals who represent the public and have not practiced chemical dependency counseling or prevention services and have not been involved in the delivery of chemical dependency counseling services or prevention services. At least one of these individuals shall be at least fifty years of age. During their terms, the public members shall not practice chemical dependency counseling or prevention services or be involved in the delivery of chemical dependency counseling services or prevention services.
(C) Not later than ninety days after December 23, 2002, the director of mental health and addiction services shall appoint an individual who represents the department of mental health and addiction services to serve as an ex officio member of the chemical dependency professionals board.
(D) Not more than one-half of the voting members of the board may be of the same gender or members of the same political party. At least two voting members of the board shall be of African, Native American, Hispanic, or Asian descent.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 230, §1, eff. 9/28/2016.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.161, HB 284, §1, eff. 3/22/2013.
Effective Date: 12-23-2002 .