(A) Subject to division (B) of this section, an individual holding a valid chemical dependency counselor assistant certificate may do both of the following in addition to practicing chemical dependency counseling:
(1) Perform treatment planning, assessment, crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, case management, and education services as they relate to abuse of or dependency on alcohol and other drugs;
(2) Refer individuals with nonchemical dependency conditions to appropriate sources of help.
(B) An individual holding a valid chemical dependency counselor assistant certificate may practice chemical dependency counseling and perform the tasks specified in division (A) of this section only while under the supervision of any of the following:
(1) An independent chemical dependency counselor-clinical supervisor, independent chemical dependency counselor, or chemical dependency counselor III licensed under this chapter;
(2) An individual authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery;
(3) A psychologist licensed under Chapter 4732. of the Revised Code;
(4) A registered nurse licensed under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code or licensed professional clinical counselor, independent social worker, or independent marriage and family therapist licensed under Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code if such supervision is consistent with the scope of practice of the registered nurse, licensed professional clinical counselor, independent social worker, or independent marriage and family therapist;
(5) An individual authorized to practice as a certified nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code.
(C) A chemical dependency counselor assistant may not practice as an individual practitioner.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 9/15/2014.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 232, §1, eff. 7/10/2014.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.161, HB 284, §1, eff. 3/22/2013.
Effective Date: 06-29-2004
This section is set out twice. See also § 4758.59 , effective until 9/15/2014.