The Ohio board of dietetics shall:
(A) Adopt, amend, or rescind rules pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to carry out the provisions of this chapter, including rules governing the following:
(1) Selection and approval of a dietitian licensure examination offered by the commission on dietetic registration or any other examination;
(3) Requirements for pre-professional dietetic experience of applicants for licensure as a dietitian that are at least equivalent to the requirements adopted by the commission on dietetic registration;
(5) Requirements for a licensed dietitian who places a license in inactive status under division (G) of section 4759.06 of the Revised Code, including a procedure for changing inactive status to active status;
(6) Continuing education requirements for renewal of a license, except that the board may adopt rules to waive the requirements for a person who is unable to meet the requirements due to illness or other reasons. Rules adopted under this division shall be consistent with the continuing education requirements adopted by the commission on dietetic registration.
(7) Any additional education requirements the board considers necessary, for applicants who have not practiced dietetics within five years of the initial date of application for licensure;
(8) Standards of professional responsibility and practice for persons licensed under this chapter that are consistent with those standards of professional responsibility and practice adopted by the academy of nutrition and dietetics;
(9) Formulation of a written application form for licensure or license renewal that includes the statement that any applicant who knowingly makes a false statement on the application is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree under section 2921.13 of the Revised Code;
(10) Procedures for license renewal;
(11) Establishing a time period after the notification of a violation of section 4759.02 of the Revised Code, by which the person notified must request a hearing by the board under section 4759.09 of the Revised Code;
(C) Adopt a seal;
(D) Conduct meetings and keep records as are necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
(E) Publish, and make available to the public, upon request and for a fee not to exceed the actual cost of printing and mailing, the board's rules and requirements for licensure adopted under division (A) of this section and a record of all persons licensed under section 4759.06 of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 4759.05
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.194, HB 303, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.
Effective Date: 09-29-1999; 2007 HB104 03-24-2008