(A) The Ohio respiratory care board shall charge any license applicant or holder who is to take an examination required under division (A)(3) of section 4761.04 or a reexamination required under division (B) of section 4761.06 of the Revised Code for license renewal or under section 4761.09 of the Revised Code for license reinstatement, a nonrefundable examination fee, not to exceed the amount necessary to cover the expense of administering the examination. The license applicant or holder shall pay the fee at the time of application for licensure or renewal.
(B) The board shall establish the following additional nonrefundable fees and penalty:
(1) An initial license fee, not to exceed seventy-five dollars;
(2) A biennial license renewal fee, not to exceed one hundred dollars;
(3) A limited permit fee, not to exceed twenty dollars;
(4) A limited permit renewal fee, not to exceed ten dollars;
(5) A late renewal penalty, not to exceed fifty per cent of the renewal fee;
(6) A fee for accepting and storing hyperbaric technologist certifications filed with the board under division (A)(11) of section 4761.11 of the Revised Code, not to exceed twenty dollars.
(C) Notwithstanding division (B)(4) of this section, after the third renewal of a limited permit that meets the exception in division (B)(3) of section 4761.05 of the Revised Code, the limited permit renewal fee shall be one-half the amount of the biennial license renewal fee established under division (B)(2) of this section and section 4761.08 of the Revised Code.
(D) The board shall adjust the fees biennially and within the limits established by division (B) of this section to provide sufficient revenues to meet its expenses.
(E) The board may, by rule, provide for the waiver of all or part of a license fee when the license is issued less than eighteen months before its expiration date.
(F) All fees received by the board shall be deposited into the state treasury to the credit of the occupational licensing and regulatory fund.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 165, §1, eff. 9/4/2014.
Effective Date: 10-27-2000