(A) A person licensed or certified under this chapter may be retained or employed to act as a disinterested third party in rendering an unbiased valuation or analysis of real estate or to provide specialized services to facilitate the client or employer's objectives. An appraisal or appraisal report rendered by a certificate holder or licensee shall comply with this chapter. A certified appraisal or certified appraisal report represents to the public that it satisfies the standards set forth in this chapter.
(B) No certificate holder or licensee shall accept a fee for an appraisal assignment that is contingent, in whole or in part, upon the reporting of a predetermined estimate, analysis, or opinion or upon the opinion, conclusion, or valuation reached, or upon consequences resulting from the appraisal assignment. A certificate holder or licensee who enters into an agreement to provide specialized services may charge a fixed fee or a fee that is contingent upon the results achieved by the specialized services, provided that this fact is clearly stated in each oral report rendered pursuant to the agreement, and the existence of the contingent fee arrangement is clearly stated in a prominent place on each written report and in each letter of transmittal and certification statement made by the certificate holder or licensee within that report.
(C) Every written report rendered by a certificate holder or licensee in conjunction with an appraisal assignment or specialized service performed shall include the following information:
(1) The name of the certificate holder or licensee;
(2) The class of certification or licensure held by and the certification or licensure number of the certificate holder or licensee;
(3) Whether the appraisal or specialized service is performed within the scope of the certificate holder's or licensee's certification or licensure;
(4) Whether the appraisal or specialized service is provided by a certificate holder or licensee as a disinterested and unbiased third party or as a person on an interested and biased basis or as an interested third party on a contingent fee basis;
(5) The signature of the person preparing and reporting the appraisal or specialized service. If the certificate holder or licensee provides an oral real estate appraisal or specialized service, the certificate holder or licensee shall send, within seven days of providing the oral report, a form to the client containing the appropriate information specified in this division and the rules adopted pursuant to this division.
(D) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as requiring a certificate holder or licensee to provide a client with a copy of any writing prepared in support of an oral appraisal report except as provided in division (C) of this section or as agreed to between the certificate holder or licensee and the certificate holder's or licensee's client.
(E) No person, directly or indirectly, shall knowingly compensate, instruct, induce, coerce, or intimidate, or attempt to compensate, instruct, induce, coerce, or intimidate, a certificate holder or licensee for the purpose of corrupting or improperly influencing the independent judgment of the certificate holder or licensee with respect to the value of the dwelling offered as security for repayment of a mortgage loan.
Effective Date: 03-05-1996; 01-01-2007 .