(A) Each individual who desires to serve as an athlete agent within this state shall first file an application for registration with the Ohio athletic commission. The applicant shall apply using a form prescribed by the commission and shall provide all the following information:
(1) The name and residential address of the applicant;
(2) The address of the primary location in which the applicant wishes to conduct business as an athlete agent;
(3) The type of business conducted or the occupation held by the applicant during the five years immediately preceding application;
(5) The name and address of all persons who have a financial interest in the business operation of the applicant, or who are compensated for the solicitation or recruitment of athletes on behalf of the applicant, except for salaried employees who receive no commission or bonus pursuant to any agent or professional sports services contract;
(6) Any other information deemed necessary by the commission.
(B) The applicant shall submit with the application for registration an affidavit or certificate of completion describing all formal training or practical experience completed by the applicant in any of the following areas:
(2) Contract negotiations;
(3) Complaint resolution;
(5) Dispute resolution. An attorney admitted to practice law in this state shall submit with the application a certificate of good standing issued by the supreme court of Ohio in lieu of an affidavit or certificate otherwise required under this division.
(C) An applicant shall submit with the application for registration an application fee in an amount determined by the commission pursuant to division (F) of section 4771.05 of the Revised Code and proof of one of the securities required under section 4771.11 of the Revised Code.
(D) An athlete agent shall notify the commission of any change in business location or address during the period of application for registration or during the period of time the registration of the athlete agent is valid.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001