(A) The state medical board shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to implement and administer this chapter. In adopting the rules, the board shall take into consideration the guidelines adopted by the American college of radiology, the American society of radiologic technologists, and the American registry of radiologic technologists.
(B) The rules adopted under this section shall include all of the following:
(1) Standards and procedures for issuing and renewing certificates to practice as a radiologist assistant;
(2) Application fees for an initial or renewed certificate to practice;
(3) Any additional radiologic procedures that radiologist assistants may perform pursuant to division (A)(5) of section 4774.08 of the Revised Code and the level of supervision that the supervising radiologist is required to provide pursuant to section 4774.10 of the Revised Code;
(4) Definitions of "general anesthesia," "deep sedation," "moderate sedation," and "minimal sedation";
(5) Any other standards and procedures the board considers necessary to govern the practice of radiologist assistants, the supervisory relationship between radiologist assistants and supervising radiologists, and the administration and enforcement of this chapter.
Effective Date: 2008 SB229 09-11-2008 .