(A) The motor vehicle repair board shall do all of the following:
(1) Adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code as necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter. The rules shall include requirements for the type of liability insurance required under division (A) of section 4775.07 of the Revised Code. The rules shall permit the use of an insurance policy issued by any insurer authorized to issue that type of insurance in this state.
(2) Appoint an executive director to serve at the pleasure of the board;
(3) Direct the executive director as to how the executive director shall perform the duties imposed under this chapter;
(4) Consider and make recommendations in regard to all matters submitted to the board by the executive director;
(5) Determine whether to refuse to issue or renew a registration certificate or determine whether to waive a suspension of a registration certificate as provided in division (D) of section 4775.07 of the Revised Code;
(6) Do all acts and perform all functions as are necessary for the administration and enforcement of this chapter.
(B) Nothing in this chapter shall be interpreted as granting the board any authority over a motor vehicle collision repair operator concerning the quality of work performed in the repair of, or installation of parts on, motor vehicles.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.168, SB 114, §1, eff. 3/22/2013.
Effective Date: 12-18-1997