(A) The motor vehicle repair board shall appoint an individual who is not a member of the board as a full-time employee of the board to serve as the executive director of the board. The executive director shall serve at the pleasure and direction of the board. The director of administrative services shall establish the executive director's salary in a pay range as provided in division (J) of section 124.15 of the Revised Code. The executive director, subject to the approval of the board, shall determine the office space, supplies, and professional and clerical assistance necessary to effectively perform the executive director's duties.
(B) The executive director shall perform all the following duties:
(3) Maintain a written record of all persons registered pursuant to section 4775.07 of the Revised Code. The record shall include the name, address, and motor vehicle repair registration certificate number of each registered motor vehicle repair operator. The executive director shall make this record available to any person upon request and payment of a fee sufficient to cover the cost of copying the record.
(5) Appoint enforcement officers as needed to assist the executive director in carrying out this chapter, who shall serve at the pleasure of the director;
(6) Gather evidence of violations of this chapter by any person or motor vehicle repair operator, or any partner or officer of any motor vehicle repair operator, and, upon reasonable belief that a violation has occurred, present the evidence to the board for its consideration and possible action by the board under section 4775.02 of the Revised Code. Nothing in division (B)(6) of this section shall be construed as authorizing the executive director or the board to enforce any provision of law other than this chapter. If, however, the executive director or board, in conducting investigations under those sections, determines or suspects that a person has violated any other provision of law, the executive director or board shall notify the governmental entity that is responsible for enforcement of that provision of law.
(7) Serve as secretary of the board and maintain a written record of all of the proceedings of the board;
(8) Notify all motor vehicle repair operators of changes in this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to this chapter;
(9) Do all other things requested by the board for the administration and enforcement of this chapter.
(C) The executive director may provide information that is relevant to motor vehicle collision repair to motor vehicle collision repair operators or other persons, that is relevant to motor vehicle window tint installation to motor vehicle window tint installation operators or other persons, and may communicate with any person, or respond to communications from any person, in matters pertaining to motor vehicle collision repair or window tint installation.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.168, SB 114, §1, eff. 3/22/2013.
Effective Date: 12-18-1997 .
Note: The amendment to this section by 129th General AssemblyFile No.10, SB 5, §1 was rejected by voters in the November, 2011 election.