(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person shall practice or represent that the person is authorized to practice orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics unless the person holds a current, valid license issued or renewed under this chapter.
(B) Division (A) of this section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) An individual who holds a current, valid license, certificate, or registration issued under Chapter 4723., 4730., 4731., 4734., or 4755. of the Revised Code and is practicing within the individual's scope of practice under statutes and rules regulating the individual's profession;
(2) An individual who practices orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics as an employee of the federal government and is engaged in the performance of duties prescribed by statutes and regulations of the United States;
(3) An individual who provides orthotic, prosthetic, or pedorthic services under the supervision of a licensed orthotist, prosthetist, or pedorthist in accordance with section 4779.04 of the Revised Code;
(4) An individual who provides orthotic, prosthetic, or pedorthic services as part of an educational, certification, or residency program approved by the board under sections 4779.25 to 4779.27 of the Revised Code;
(5) An individual who provides orthotic, prosthetic, or pedorthic services under the direct supervision of an individual authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery.
Cite as R.C. § 4779.02
History. Effective Date: 06-06-2001