(A) There is hereby created the manufactured homes commission which consists of nine members, with three members appointed by the governor, three members appointed by the president of the senate, and three members appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives.
(1) Commission members shall be residents of this state, except for members appointed pursuant to divisions (B)(3)(b) and (B)(4)(a) of this section. Members shall be selected from a list of persons the Ohio manufactured homes association, or any successor entity, recommends, except for appointments made pursuant to division (B)(2) of this section.
(2) The governor shall appoint the following members:
(a) One member to represent the board of building standards, who may be a member of the board or a board employee not in the classified civil service, with an initial term ending December 31, 2007;
(b) One member who is registered as a sanitarian in accordance with Chapter 4736. of the Revised Code, has experience with the regulation of manufactured homes, and is an employee of a health district described in section 3709.01 of the Revised Code;
(c) One member whose primary residence is a manufactured home, with an initial term ending December 31, 2006.
(3) The president of the senate shall appoint the following members:
(a) Two members who are manufactured housing installers who have been actively engaged in the installation of manufactured housing for the five years immediately prior to appointment, with the initial term of one installer ending December 31, 2007, and the initial term of the other installer ending December 31, 2005.
(b) One member who manufactures manufactured homes in this state or who manufactures manufactured homes in another state and ships homes into this state, to represent manufactured home manufacturers, with an initial term ending December 31, 2006.
(4) The speaker of the house of representatives shall appoint the following members:
(a) One member who operates a manufactured or mobile home retail business in this state to represent manufactured housing dealers, with an initial term ending December 31, 2007;
(b) One member who is a manufactured home park operator or is employed by an operator, with an initial term ending December 31, 2005;
(c) One member to represent the Ohio manufactured home association, or any successor entity, who may be the president or executive director of the association or the successor entity, with an initial term ending December 31, 2006.
(1) After the initial term, each term of office is for four years ending on the thirty-first day of December. A member holds office from the date of appointment until the end of the term. No member may serve more than two consecutive four-year terms.
(2) Any member appointed to fill a vacancy that occurs prior to the expiration of a term continues in office for the remainder of that term. Any member continues in office subsequent to the expiration date of the term until the member's successor takes office or until sixty days have elapsed, which ever occurs first.
(3) A vacancy on the commission does not impair the authority of the remaining members to exercise all of the commission's powers.
(1) The governor may remove any member from office for incompetence, neglect of duty, misfeasance, nonfeasance, malfeasance, or unprofessional conduct in office.
(2) Vacancies shall be filled in the manner of the original appointment.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127,HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2010.
Effective Date: 08-06-2004