(1) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person shall install manufactured housing unless that person is licensed as a manufactured housing installer pursuant to this chapter or unless a licensed manufactured housing installer is present during the installation and supervises the person who is not licensed.
(2) A licensed manufactured housing installer who supervises the work of an unlicensed person is responsible for all installation work that the unlicensed person performs under the licensed person's supervision.
(3) A person who is not a licensed manufactured housing installer may perform foundation or base support system construction if supervised by a licensed installer. The licensed installer need not be present during the construction of the foundation or base support system but is responsible for the construction of the foundation or base support system.
(1) Nothing in this chapter requires a person to obtain a manufactured housing installer license to install manufactured housing for the person's own occupancy if the manufactured housing is located on property that the person owns and is not located in a manufactured home park.
(2) A person who installs manufactured housing in the manner described in division (B)(1) of this section is not entitled to claim any right or remedy or to bring a cause of action under this chapter.
(C) No person shall install any manufactured housing foundation or manufactured housing support system unless that foundation or support system complies with the standards the manufactured homes commission establishes and receives all approvals and inspections that the commission requires.
(D) Within fourteen days after the installation, a manufactured housing installer who performs or supervises a manufactured housing installation shall provide to both the treasurer and the auditor of the county in which the installation is being performed a written notice containing all of the following information:
(1) The address or location of the installation;
(2) The date of the installation;
(3) The make and model of the installed manufactured housing unit;
(4) The name of the owner of the installed manufactured housing unit.
(E) It is a violation of this chapter to do any of the following:
(1) Represent another person's license as a manufactured housing installer as one's own;
(2) Intentionally give false or materially misleading information of any kind to the commission or to a commission member in connection with licensing matters;
(3) Impersonate another manufactured housing installer;
(4) Use an expired, suspended, or revoked license.
Effective Date: 08-06-2004