(1) Except as provided in division (A)(2) of this section:
(a) The public utilities commission shall require an operator of either of the following types of pipelines that was completely constructed on or after September 10, 2012, and that transports gas produced by a horizontal well to comply with the applicable pipe design requirements of 49 C.F.R. 192 subpart C:
(i) A gas gathering pipeline;
(ii) A processing plant gas stub pipeline.
(b) The commission shall also require the operator to do all of the following regarding that pipeline:
(i) Design, install, construct, initially inspect, and initially test the pipeline in accordance with the requirements of 49 C.F.R. 192 if the pipeline is new, replaced, relocated, or otherwise changed;
(ii) Control corrosion according to requirements of 49 C.F.R. 192 subpart I if the pipeline is metallic;
(iii) Establish and carry out a damage prevention program under 49 C.F.R. 192.614;
(iv) Establish and carry out a public education program under 49 C.F.R. 192.616;
(v) Establish the MAOP of the pipeline under 49 C.F.R. 192.619;
(vi) Install and maintain pipeline markers according to the requirements for transmission lines under 49 C.F.R. 192.707;
(vii) Perform leakage surveys according to requirements in 49 C.F.R. 192.706;
(viii) Retain a record of each required leakage survey conducted under division (A)(1)(b)(vii) of this section and 49 C.F.R. 192.706 for five years or until the next leakage survey is completed, whichever time period is longer.
(2) The commission may, at its discretion and in accordance with subsection (d) of 49 U.S.C. 60118, waive compliance with a pipe design requirement of 49 C.F.R. 192 subpart C.
(1) Any person who plans to construct a pipeline subject to division (A) of this section after September 10, 2012, shall file with the public utilities commission division of pipeline safety a form approved by the division that includes all of the following information:
(a) The route of the proposed pipeline;
(b) The MAOP of the pipeline;
(c) The outside diameter of the pipeline;
(d) The wall thickness of the pipeline;
(e) The material that the pipeline will be made of;
(f) The yield strength of the pipeline.
The form shall be filed with the division not later than twenty-one days prior to the commencement of construction of the pipeline.
(2) Not later than sixty days after the completion of construction of a pipeline subject to division (B)(1) of this section, the operator of the pipeline shall file with the public utilities commission division of pipeline safety an explanation of the constructed pipeline's route and operating information.
(C) For purposes of this section:
(1) "Horizontal well" has the same meaning as in section 1509.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Operator" means any person that owns, operates, manages, controls, or leases a gas gathering pipeline or a processing plant gas stub pipeline.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 9/15/2014.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.125, SB 315, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.