(A) For the purpose of this section:
(2) "Service disconnection for nonpayment" means the intentional discontinuation of gas or electric services to a residential customer by an energy company due to the failure of the customer to pay for such services.
(3) "Service reconnections" means the reconnection of gas or electric services by an energy company to a residential customer whose service was discontinued by such company for nonpayment.
(B) Annually, on or before the thirtieth day of June, each energy company shall file a written report on service disconnections for nonpayment with the public utilities commission and the consumers' counsel. The report shall include the following information for the twelve-month period ending on the preceding thirty-first day of May, by month:
(1) Total number of service disconnections for nonpayment and the total dollar amount of unpaid bills represented by such disconnections;
(2) Total number of final notices of actual disconnection issued for service disconnections for nonpayment and the total dollar amount of unpaid bills represented by such notices;
(3) Total number of residential customer accounts in arrears by more than sixty days and the total dollar amount of such arrearages;
(4) Total number of security deposits received from residential customers and the total dollar amount of such deposits;
(5) Total number of service reconnections;
(6) Total number of residential customers.
Effective Date: 12-23-1986 .