(A) The Ohio rail development commission shall prepare a plan for the construction and operation of an intercity conventional or high speed passenger transportation system in this state. The system shall be constructed and operated by the commission. The plan for construction and operation shall be based on existing studies, and shall state that the system's initial route will connect Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati and any points in between those cities determined by the authority. The plan shall include the following information:
(1) The route alignment of the proposed system;
(2) The proposed technology;
(3) The size, nature, and scope of the proposed system;
(4) The sources of the public and private revenue needed to finance the system;
(5) The projected ability of all revenue sources to meet both capital and operating funding requirements of the proposed system;
(6) The construction, operation, and management plan for the system, including a timetable for construction and the proposed location and number of transit stations considered necessary;
(7) The likelihood that Ohio-based corporations will be used to manufacture or supply components of the proposed system;
(8) The likelihood that additional or subsidiary development will be generated;
(9) The extent to which the proposed system will create an additional or reduced demand for sources of energy;
(10) Any changes in the law necessary to implement the proposed system;
(11) The proposed system's impact on the economy of the state and on the economic and other public policies of the state. The commission may revise any plan of the Ohio high speed rail authority or may submit a separate plan for construction and operation and a funding request to the governor, the speaker of the house of representatives, and to the president of the senate. Any plan for an intercity conventional or high speed passenger transportation system submitted by the commission pursuant to this section shall not propose the operation of such a system by the state other than through the commission.
Effective Date: 10-20-1994 .