(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Entity" includes an agency, board, commission, or department of the state or a political subdivision of the state; a private, nonprofit entity; a school district; a private school; or a public or private institution of higher education.
(2) "Federal financial participation" means the federal government's share of expenditures made by an entity in implementing a program administered by the department of job and family services.
(B) At the request of any public entity having authority to implement a program administered by the department of job and family services or any private entity under contract with a public entity to implement a program administered by the department, the department may seek to obtain federal financial participation for costs incurred by the entity. Federal financial participation may be sought from programs operated pursuant to Title IV-A, Title IV-E, and Title XIX of the "Social Security Act," 49 Stat. 620 (1935), 42 U.S.C. 301, as amended; the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 ( 7 U.S.C. 2011 et seq.); and any other statute or regulation under which federal financial participation may be available, except that federal financial participation may be sought only for expenditures made with funds for which federal financial participation is available under federal law.
(C) All funds collected by the department of job and family services pursuant to division (B) of this section shall be distributed to the entities that incurred the costs, except for any amounts retained by the department pursuant to division (D)(3) of this section.
(D) In distributing federal financial participation pursuant to this section, the department may either enter into an agreement with the entity that is to receive the funds or distribute the funds in accordance with rules adopted under division (F) of this section. If the department decides to enter into an agreement to distribute the funds, the agreement may include terms that do any of the following:
(1) Provide for the whole or partial reimbursement of any cost incurred by the entity in implementing the program;
(2) In the event that federal financial participation is disallowed or otherwise unavailable for any expenditure, require the department of job and family services or the entity, whichever party caused the disallowance or unavailability of federal financial participation, to assume responsibility for the expenditures;
(3) Permit the department to retain not more than five per cent of the amount of the federal financial participation to be distributed to the entity;
(4) Require the public entity to certify the availability of sufficient unencumbered funds to match the federal financial participation it receives under this section;
(5) Establish the length of the agreement, which may be for a fixed or a continuing period of time;
(6) Establish any other requirements determined by the department to be necessary for the efficient administration of the agreement.
(E) An entity that receives federal financial participation pursuant to this section for a program aiding children and their families shall establish a process for collaborative planning with the department of job and family services for the use of the funds to improve and expand the program.
(F) The director of job and family services shall adopt rules as necessary to implement this section, including rules for the distribution of federal financial participation pursuant to this section. The rules shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. The director may adopt or amend any statewide plan required by the federal government for a program administered by the department, as necessary to implement this section.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003