(A) When the director of job and family services adopts rules under section 5107.05 regarding income requirements for the Ohio works first program and under section 5115.03 of the Revised Code regarding income and resource requirements for the disability financial assistance program, the director shall determine what payments shall be regarded or disregarded. In making this determination, the director shall consider:
(1) The source of the payment;
(2) The amount of the payment;
(3) The purpose for which the payment was made;
(4) Whether regarding the payment as income would be in the public interest;
(5) Whether treating the payment as income would be detrimental to any of the programs administered in whole or in part by the department of job and family services and whether such determination would jeopardize the receipt of any federal grant or payment by the state or any receipt of aid under Chapter 5107. of the Revised Code.
(B) Any recipient of aid under Title XVI of the "Social Security Act," 49 Stat. 620 (1935), 42 U.S.C. 301, as amended, whose money payment is discontinued as the result of a general increase in old-age, survivors, and disability insurance benefits under such act, shall remain a recipient for the purpose of receiving medical assistance through the medical assistance program established under section 5111.01 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003