(A) As used in this section of the Revised Code:
(2) "Chief elected official" has the same meaning as in section 101 of the "Workforce Investment Act of 1998," 112 Stat. 936, 29 U.S.C. 2801, as amended, and division (F) of section 6301.01 of the Revised Code;
(3) "Grantee" means the chief elected officials of a local area.
(B) The director of job and family services shall enter into one or more written grant agreements with each local area under which financial assistance is awarded for workforce development activities included in the agreements. A grant agreement shall establish the terms and conditions governing the accountability for and use of grants provided by the department of job and family services to the grantee for the administration of workforce development activities funded under the "Workforce Investment Act of 1998," 112 Stat. 936, 29 U.S.C. 2801, as amended.
(C) In the case of a local area comprised of multiple political subdivisions, nothing in this section shall preclude the chief elected officials of a local area from entering into an agreement among themselves to distribute any liability for activities of the local area, but such an agreement shall not be binding on the department of job and family services.
(D) The written grant agreement entered into under division (B) of this section shall comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing workforce development activities. All federal conditions and restrictions that apply to the use of grants received by the department of job and family services shall apply to the use of the grants received by the local areas from the department.
(E) A written grant agreement entered into under division (B) of this section shall:
(1) Identify the chief elected officials for the local area;
(2) Provide for the incorporation of the local workforce development plan;
(3) Include the chief elected officials' assurance that the local area and any subgrantee or contractor of the local area will do all of the following:
(a) Ensure that the financial assistance awarded under the grant agreement is used, and the workforce development duties included in the agreement are performed, in accordance with requirements established by the department or any of the following: federal or state law, the state plan for receipt of federal financial participation, grant agreements between the department and a federal agency, or executive orders.
(b) Ensure that the chief elected officials and any subgrantee or contractor of the local area utilize a financial management system and other accountability mechanisms that meet requirements the department establishes;
(c) Require the chief elected officials and any subgrantee or contractor of the local area to do both of the following:
(i) Monitor all private and government entities that receive a payment from financial assistance awarded under the grant agreement to ensure that each entity uses the payment in accordance with requirements for the workforce development duties included in the agreement;
(ii) Take action to recover payments that are not used in accordance with the requirements for the workforce development duties that are included in the agreement.
(d) Require the chief elected officials of a local area to promptly reimburse the department the amount that represents the amount a local area is responsible for of funds the department pays to any entity because of an adverse audit finding, adverse quality control finding, final disallowance of federal financial participation, or other sanction or penalty;
(e) Require chief elected officials of a local area to take prompt corrective action if the department, auditor of state, federal agency, or other entity authorized by federal or state law to determine compliance with requirements for a workforce development duty included in the agreement determines compliance has not been achieved;
(4) Provide that the award of financial assistance is subject to the availability of federal funds and appropriations made by the general assembly;
(6) Establish the method of amending or terminating the grant agreement and an expedited process for correcting terms or conditions of the agreement that the director and the chief elected officials agree are erroneous.
(7) Provide for the department of job and family services to award financial assistance for the workforce development duties included in the agreement in accordance with a methodology for determining the amount of the award established by rules adopted under division (F) of this section.
(8) Determine the dates that the grant agreement begins and ends.
(1) The director shall adopt rules in accordance with section 111.15 of the Revised Code governing grant agreements. The director shall adopt the rules as if they were internal management rules. The rules shall establish methodologies to be used to determine the amount of financial assistance to be awarded under the agreements and may do any of the following:
(a) Govern the establishment of consolidated funding allocations and other allocations;
(b) Specify allowable uses of financial assistance awarded under the agreements;
(c) Establish reporting, cash management, audit, and other requirements the director determines are necessary to provide accountability for the use of financial assistance awarded under the agreements and determine compliance with requirements established by the department or any of the following: a federal or state law, state plan for receipt of federal financial participation, grant agreement between the department and a federal entity, or executive order.
(2) A requirement of a grant agreement established by a rule adopted under this division is applicable to a grant agreement without having to be restated in the grant agreement.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003 .