5101.244 Adjustment to recover expenditures exceeding allowable amount.

(A) If the department of job and family services determines that a grant awarded to a county grantee in a grant agreement entered into under section 5101.21 of the Revised Code, an allocation, advance, or reimbursement the department makes to a county family services agency, or a cash draw a county family services agency makes exceeds the allowable amount for the grant, allocation, advance, reimbursement, or cash draw, the department may take one or more of the following actions to recover the excess amount:

(1) The department may adjust, offset, withhold, or reduce an allocation, cash draw, advance, reimbursement, or other financial assistance to the county grantee or county family services agency as necessary to recover the excess amount .

(2) The department may enter into an agreement with the county grantee or county family services agency for repayment of the excess amount by the grantee or agency. The department may require that the repayment include interest on the excess amount, calculated from the day that the excess occurred at a rate not exceeding the rate per annum prescribed by section 5703.47 of the Revised Code.

(3) The department may certify a claim to the attorney general under section 131.02 of the Revised Code for the attorney general to take action under that section against the county grantee or county family services agency to recover the excess amount.

(B) In taking an action authorized under this section, the department is not required to take the action in accordance with section 5101.24 of the Revised Code.

(C) The director of job and family services may adopt rules under section 111.15 of the Revised Code as necessary to implement this section. The director shall adopt the rules as if they were internal management rules.

Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.

Effective Date: 09-29-2005; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007