(A) Except as provided in divisions (B) and (C) of this section, the department of job and family services may accept applications, determine eligibility, redetermine eligibility, and perform related administrative activities for one or more of the following:
(1) The medicaid program established by Chapter 5111. of the Revised Code;
(2) The children's health insurance program parts I, II, and III provided for under sections 5101.50 to 5101.529 of the Revised Code;
(3) Publicly funded child care provided under Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code;
(4) The supplemental nutrition assistance program administered by the department pursuant to section 5101.54 of the Revised Code;
(5) Other programs the director of job and family services determines are supportive of children, adults, or families;
(6) Other programs regarding which the director determines administrative cost savings and efficiency may be achieved through the department accepting applications, determining eligibility, redetermining eligibility, or performing related administrative activities.
(B) To the extent permitted by federal law, the department may enter into agreements with one or more other state agencies, local government entities, or political subdivisions to accept applications, determine eligibility, redetermine eligibility, and perform related administrative activities on behalf of the department with respect to the medicaid program and the children's health insurance program.
(C) If federal law requires a face-to-face interview to complete an eligibility determination for a program specified in or pursuant to division (A) of this section, the face-to-face interview shall not be conducted by the department of job and family services.
(D) Subject to division (C) of this section, if the department elects to accept applications, determine eligibility, redetermine eligibility, and perform related administrative activities for a program specified in or pursuant to division (A) of this section, both of the following apply:
(1) An individual seeking services under the program may apply for the program to the department or to the entity that state law governing the program authorizes to accept applications for the program.
(2) The department is subject to federal statutes and regulations and state statutes and rules that require, permit, or prohibit an action regarding accepting applications, determining or redetermining eligibility, and performing related administrative activities for the program.
(E) The director may adopt rules as necessary to implement this section.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000; 05-18-2005; 09-29-2005; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007