(A) Except as provided in divisions (B) and (C) of this section, the department of job and family services may accept applications, determine eligibility, redetermine eligibility, and perform related administrative activities for one or more of the following:
Publicly funded child care provided under Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code;
(2) The supplemental nutrition assistance program administered by the department pursuant to section 5101.54 of the Revised Code;
(3) Other programs administered by the department that the director of job and family services determines are supportive of children, adults, or families;
(4) Other programs administered by the department regarding which the director determines administrative cost savings and efficiency may be achieved through the department accepting applications, determining eligibility, redetermining eligibility, or performing related administrative activities.
If federal law requires a face-to-face interview to complete an eligibility determination for a program specified in or pursuant to division (A) of this section, the face-to-face interview shall not be conducted by the department of job and family services.
(C) Subject to division (B) of this section, if the department elects to accept applications, determine eligibility, redetermine eligibility, and perform related administrative activities for a program specified in or pursuant to division (A) of this section, both of the following apply:
(1) An individual seeking services under the program may apply for the program to the department or to the entity that state law governing the program authorizes to accept applications for the program.
(2) The department is subject to federal statutes and regulations and state statutes and rules that require, permit, or prohibit an action regarding accepting applications, determining or redetermining eligibility, and performing related administrative activities for the program.
(D) The director may adopt rules as necessary to implement this section.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000; 05-18-2005; 09-29-2005; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007 .