(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Hearing" has the same meaning as in section 119.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Permanent custody" has the same meaning as in section 2151.011 of the Revised Code.
(B) The department of job and family services may enter into agreements with public children services agencies and private child placing agencies under which the department will make payments to encourage the adoptive placement of children in the permanent custody of a public children services agency. If the department terminates, or refuses to enter into or renew, an agreement with a public children services agency or private child placing agency under this section, the agency is entitled to a hearing.
Notwithstanding section 127.16 of the Revised Code, the department is not required to follow competitive selection procedures or to receive the approval of the controlling board to enter into agreements under this section or to make payments pursuant to the agreements.
(C) The director of job and family services shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to implement this section, including rules that establish all of the following:
(1) A single, uniform agreement that, at a minimum, prescribes a payment schedule and the terms and conditions with which a public children services agency or private child placing agency must comply to receive a payment;
(2) Eligibility requirements a public children services agency or private child placing agency must meet to enter into an agreement with the department;
(3) Eligibility requirements that a child who is the subject of an agreement must meet;
(4) Other administrative and operational requirements.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000