(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, each child-care staff member of a child day-care center annually shall complete fifteen hours of inservice training that includes the following subjects until the staff member has completed a total of forty-five hours of training:
(1) Child development or early childhood education;
(2) Child abuse recognition and prevention;
(3) First aid;
(4) Prevention, recognition, and management of communicable diseases.
(B) A child-care staff member is exempt from the inservice training requirements established by division (A) of this section if the staff member furnishes one of the following to the director of job and family services:
(1) Evidence of an associate or higher degree in child development or early childhood education from an accredited college, university, or technical college;
(2) A license designated for teaching in an associate teaching position in a preschool setting issued by the state board of education;
(3) Evidence of a child development associate credential;
(4) Evidence of an infant and toddler or early childhood credential from a program accredited by the Montessori accreditation council for teacher education.
(C) For purposes of this section, each hour of inservice training shall consist of sixty minutes of training.
Renumbered from § 5104.033 by 129th General AssemblyFile No.128,SB 316, §120.01, eff. 1/1/2014.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.128,SB 316, §101.01, eff. 9/24/2012.