As used in this chapter:
(A) "Adult" means an individual who is not a minor child.
(B) "Assistance group" means a group of individuals treated as a unit for purposes of determining eligibility for and the amount of assistance provided under Ohio works first.
(C) "Custodian" means an individual who has legal custody, as defined in section 2151.011 of the Revised Code, of a minor child or comparable status over a minor child created by a court of competent jurisdiction in another state.
(D) "Domestic violence" means being subjected to any of the following:
(1) Physical acts that resulted in, or threatened to result in, physical injury to the individual;
(2) Sexual abuse;
(3) Sexual activity involving a dependent child;
(4) Being forced as the caretaker relative of a dependent child to engage in nonconsensual sexual acts or activities;
(5) Threats of, or attempts at, physical or sexual abuse;
(6) Mental abuse;
(7) Neglect or deprivation of medical care.
(E) "Guardian" means an individual that is granted authority by a probate court pursuant to Chapter 2111. of the Revised Code, or a court of competent jurisdiction in another state, to exercise parental rights over a minor child to the extent provided in the court's order and subject to residual parental rights of the minor child's parents.
(G) "Minor child" means either of the following:
(1) An individual who has not attained age eighteen;
(2) An individual who has not attained age nineteen and is a full-time student in a secondary school or in the equivalent level of vocational or technical training.
(H) "Minor head of household" means a minor child who is either of the following:
(1) Is married, at least six months pregnant, and a member of an assistance group that does not include an adult;
(2) Is married and is a parent of a child included in the same assistance group that does not include an adult.
(I) "Ohio works first" means the program established by this chapter known as temporary assistance for needy families in Title IV-A.
(J) "Payment standard" means the amount specified in rules adopted under section 5107.05 of the Revised Code that is the maximum amount of cash assistance an assistance group may receive under Ohio works first from state and federal funds.
(K) "Specified relative" means the following individuals who are age eighteen or older:
(1) The following individuals related by blood or adoption:
(a) Grandparents, including grandparents with the prefix "great," "great-great," or "great-great-great";
(c) Aunts, uncles, nephews, and nieces, including such relatives with the prefix "great," "great-great," "grand," or "great-grand";
(d) First cousins and first cousins once removed.
(2) Stepparents and stepsiblings;
(3) Spouses and former spouses of individuals named in division (K)(1) or (2) of this section.
(L) "Title IV-A" or "Title IV-D" means Title IV-A or Title IV-D of the "Social Security Act," 49 Stat. 620 (1935), 42 U.S.C. 301 , as amended.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003; 2007 HB119 06-30-2007