(A) An assistance group is ineligible to participate in Ohio works first unless the following enter into a written self-sufficiency contract with the county department of job and family services:
(1) Each adult member of the assistance group;
(2) The assistance group's minor head of household.
(B) A self-sufficiency contract shall set forth the rights and responsibilities of the assistance group as applicants for and participants of Ohio works first. Each self-sufficiency contract shall include, based on appraisals conducted under section 5107.41 of the Revised Code and assessments conducted under section 5107.70 of the Revised Code, the following:
(1) The assistance group's plan, developed under section 5107.41 of the Revised Code, to achieve the goal of self sufficiency and personal responsibility through unsubsidized employment within the time limit for participating in Ohio works first established by section 5107.18 of the Revised Code;
(2) Work activities, developmental activities, and alternative work activities to which members of the assistance group are assigned under sections 5107.40 to 5107.69 of the Revised Code;
(3) The responsibility of a caretaker member of the assistance group to cooperate in establishing a minor child's paternity and establishing, modifying, and enforcing a support order for the child in accordance with section 5107.22 of the Revised Code;
(4) Other responsibilities that members of the assistance group must satisfy to participate in Ohio works first and the consequences for failure or refusal to satisfy the responsibilities;
(5) An agreement that, except as otherwise provided in a waiver issued under section 5107.714 of the Revised Code, the assistance group will comply with the conditions of participating in Ohio works first established by this chapter and section 5101.83 of the Revised Code;
(6) Assistance and services the county department will provide to the assistance group;
(7) Assistance and services the child support enforcement agency and public children services agency will provide to the assistance group pursuant to a plan of cooperation entered into under section 307.983 of the Revised Code;
(8) Other provisions designed to assist the assistance group in achieving self sufficiency and personal responsibility;
(9) Procedures for assessing whether responsibilities are being satisfied and whether the contract should be amended;
(10) Procedures for amending the contract.
(C) No self-sufficiency contract shall include provisions regarding the LEAP program.
(D) The county department shall provide without charge a copy of the self-sufficiency contract to each assistance group member who signs it.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.71, HB 337, §1, eff. 1/27/2012.
Effective Date: 09-05-2001; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007