(A) There is hereby established the pharmacy and therapeutics committee of the department of job and family services. The committee shall assist the department with developing and maintaining a preferred drug list.
The committee shall review and recommend to the director of job and family services the drugs that should be included on the preferred drug list. The recommendations shall be made based on the evaluation of competent evidence regarding the relative safety, efficacy, and effectiveness of prescription drugs within a class or classes of prescription drugs.
(B) The committee shall consist of ten members and shall be appointed by the director of job and family services. The director shall seek recommendations for membership from relevant professional organizations. A candidate for membership recommended by a professional organization shall have professional experience working with medicaid recipients.
The membership of the committee shall include:
(1) Three pharmacists licensed under Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code;
(2) Two doctors of medicine and two doctors of osteopathy who hold certificates to practice issued under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code, one of whom is a family practice physician;
(3) A registered nurse licensed under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code;
(4) A pharmacologist who has a doctoral degree;
(5) A psychiatrist who holds a certificate to practice issued under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code and specializes in psychiatry.
(C) The committee shall elect from among its members a chairperson. Five committee members constitute a quorum.
A vote by a majority of a quorum is necessary to make recommendations to the director. In the case of a tie, the chairperson shall decide the outcome.
(E) An interested party may request, and shall be permitted, to make a presentation or submit written materials to the committee during a committee meeting. The presentation or other materials shall be relevant to an issue under consideration by the committee and any written material, including a transcript of testimony to be given on the day of the meeting, may be submitted to the committee in advance of the meeting.
(F) The department shall post the following on the department's web site:
(1) Guidelines established by the committee under division (C) of this section;
(2) A detailed committee agenda not later than fourteen days prior to the date of a regularly scheduled meeting and not later than seventy-two hours prior to the date of a special meeting called by the committee;
(3) Committee recommendations not later than seven days after the meeting at which the recommendation was approved;
(4) The director's final determination as to the recommendations made by the committee under this section.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 07-01-2006; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007; 2008 HB562 09-22-2008
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39,SB 171, §4