(A) An individual is not eligible for disability financial assistance under this chapter if any of the following apply:
(1) The individual is eligible to participate in the Ohio works first program established under Chapter 5107. of the Revised Code; eligible to receive supplemental security income provided pursuant to Title XVI of the "Social Security Act," 86 Stat. 1475 (1972), 42 U.S.C. 1383, as amended; or eligible to participate in or receive assistance through another state or federal program that provides financial assistance similar to disability financial assistance, as determined by the director of job and family services;
(2) The individual is ineligible to participate in the Ohio works first program because of any of the following:
(a) The time limit established by section 5107.18 of the Revised Code;
(b) Failure to comply with an application or verification procedure;
(c) The fraud control provisions of section 5101.83 of the Revised Code or the fraud control program established pursuant to 45 C.F.R. 235.112, as in effect July 1, 1996;
(e) The minor parent provisions of section 5107.24 of the Revised Code;
(f) The provisions of section 5107.26 of the Revised Code regarding termination of employment without just cause.
(3) The individual, or any of the other individuals included in determining the individual's eligibility, is involved in a strike, as defined in section 5107.10 of the Revised Code;
(4) For the purpose of avoiding consideration of property in determinations of the individual's eligibility for disability financial assistance or a greater amount of assistance, the individual has transferred property during the two years preceding application for or most recent redetermination of eligibility for disability assistance;
(5) The individual is a child and does not live with the child's parents, guardians, or other persons standing in place of parents, unless the child is emancipated by being married, by serving in the armed forces, or by court order;
(6) The individual reside in a county home, city infirmary, jail, or public institution;
(7) The individual is a fugitive felon as defined in section 5101.26 of the Revised Code;
(8) The individual is violating a condition of probation, a community control sanction, parole, or a post-release control sanction imposed under federal or state law.
(1) As used in division (B)(2) of this section, "assistance group" has the same meaning as in section 5107.02 of the Revised Code.
(2) Ineligibility under division (A)(2)(c) or (d) of this section applies as follows:
(a) In the case of an individual who is under eighteen years of age, the individual is ineligible only if the individual caused the assistance group to be ineligible to participate in the Ohio works first program or resides with an individual eighteen years of age or older who was a member of the same ineligible assistance group.
(b) In the case of an individual who is eighteen years of age or older, the individual is ineligible regardless of whether the individual caused the assistance group to be ineligible to participate in the Ohio works first program.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003