(1) The director of development shall prescribe the form of the application for assistance under the Ohio energy credit program. The application shall be in the form of a signed statement, shall require no more information than is necessary to establish an applicant's eligibility under section 5117.07 of the Revised Code, and shall be clear and concise in its format, requirements, and instructions. The form shall request the following information:
(a) The name and address of the applicant;
(b) The type of energy or commodity that is the source of the heat produced by the primary heating system in the residence of the applicant;
(c) The name of the energy company or energy dealer that supplies the energy or commodity that is the source of the heat produced by the primary heating system in the residence of the applicant and, if the applicant receives the applicant's energy from a company, the applicant's account number;
(d) The applicant's total income or current total income;
(e) In the case of an application based upon physical disability, a certification signed by a physician, in the case of an application based upon mental disability, a certification signed by a physician or psychologist, or in the case of either such disability, a certification from a state or federal agency having the function of so classifying persons;
(f) The age of the applicant;
(g) Any other information required to make eligibility determinations under section 5117.07 of the Revised Code.
Each form shall contain a statement that signing such application constitutes a delegation of authority by the applicant to the director to examine any financial records that relate to income earned by the applicant as stated on the application for the purpose of determining eligibility under section 5117.07 of the Revised Code and possible violation of division (B) of section 5117.11 of the Revised Code.
(2) The director shall mail or otherwise provide an application form to each person requesting such form.
(1) The director shall devise and prescribe an application renewal form on which the head of household may indicate by check mark that the head of household received a credit or payment for the preceding heating season. Application renewal forms shall seek from persons applying on such basis a certification by the applicant attesting to the applicant's permanent and total disability and the name of a physician, psychologist, or government agency willing to provide an additional certification if so requested under division (D) of section 5117.07 of the Revised Code. Such forms shall also include such other information as the director requires and shall be clear and concise in format, requirements, and instructions.
(2) On or before the fifteenth day of June, the director shall mail or otherwise provide an application renewal form to each head of household who received a credit or payment during the preceding heating season.
(3) Application renewal forms shall be reviewed and disposed of in the same manner provided for application forms in section 5117.07 of the Revised Code.
(C) Applications and application renewal forms shall be returned to the director no later than the first day of September. If an applicant is determined eligible for a credit under division (A)(1) of section 5117.07 of the Revised Code and the applicant's account number is not provided on the application form pursuant to division (A)(1)(c) of this section, the director shall make a good faith effort to acquire such number before certifying the applicant's eligibility to an energy company under section 5117.08 of the Revised Code. The director may request an energy company to assist in efforts to acquire an applicant's account number and, if so requested, a company shall cooperate in such efforts.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000