(1) On or before the tenth day of October, the director of development shall begin to prepare and certify to each energy company that provides energy for home heating a list containing the name and account number of each head of household determined eligible for a credit under divisions (A) and (B) of section 5117.07 of the Revised Code and served by that company, the address of the household, and the source of the heat produced by the primary heating system in the residence of the applicant. The director, for good cause, may certify addenda to such lists, containing the names of any heads of household whose names were not included in the earlier lists but who, except for failure to meet the deadline requirements of sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code, would have been certified in the original lists. Within thirty days of receipt of such list and in any month for which a credit is required under sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code, the company may verify that each head of household on the director's list receives energy for home heating at the household address appearing on such list or that the source of heat produced by the primary heating system in the household is energy supplied by the company. If the company determines that a person listed does not receive energy for home heating at such address or that the source of the heat produced by the primary heating system in the residence of such person is not supplied by the company, it shall notify the director of such fact and may refuse to grant the credit provided under division (A) of section 5117.07 of the Revised Code. Upon receipt of such notice, the director shall determine the accuracy of the determination of the company and, should the director not concur with the company, shall order the company to provide the credit.
(2) The good faith exercise by any company of any power of refusal granted under division (A)(1) of this section does not subject such company to any penalty or liability provided under division (A) of section 5117.11 of the Revised Code.
(1) Nothing in sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code shall be construed to abridge the right of an otherwise eligible applicant to receive a credit or payment because the applicant has either changed the location of the applicant's residence or the nature of the occupancy of the applicant's residence, as between a tenant or an owner, at a time that could, as a result of the operation of sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code, cause the applicant to be disqualified from receiving, or continuing to receive, the credit or payment.
(2) Where a person who submits a form or information required under sections 5117.01 to 5117.10 of the Revised Code does so in a timely fashion but, because of the occurrence of an error or omission with respect to such form or information, either on the person's own part or on the part of those persons required by sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code to take administrative, executive, or ministerial action regarding such form or information, the certification of eligibility by the director to an energy company takes place after the expiration of a deadline imposed under sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code, the company shall grant the credit within thirty days and, whenever appropriate, grant the credit on a retroactive basis.
(3) The director shall adopt a rule ensuring that the requirements of divisions (B)(1) and (2) of this section are effectuated.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000