5121.07 Petitioning for release from charges.

Any person who has been charged with the payment of the support of a resident or for pre-admission care, after-care, day-care, or routine consultation and treatment services in a community service unit under the control of the department of developmental disabilities may petition the department for a release from, or modification of, such charge, and the department, after an investigation, may cancel or modify such former charge, or may cancel, compromise, or settle any accrued liability in an amount not exceeding five thousand dollars. Amounts in excess thereof may be canceled, compromised, or settled as provided in section 131.02 of the Revised Code. The department may for due cause increase the amount previously ordered paid.

Amended by 128th General Assemblych.29, SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.

Effective Date: 09-29-1999; 01-01-2006