(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Biological risk" and "environmental risk" have the meanings established pursuant to section 5123.011 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Preschool child with a disability" has the same meaning as in section 3323.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) Except as provided in division (C) of this section, the department of developmental disabilities shall make eligibility determinations in accordance with the definition of "developmental disability" in section 5123.01 of the Revised Code. The department may adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code establishing eligibility for programs and services for either of the following:
(1) Individuals under age six who have a biological risk or environmental risk of a developmental delay;
(2) Any preschool child with a disability eligible for services under section 3323.02 of the Revised Code whose disability is not attributable solely to mental illness as defined in section 5122.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) Determinations of whether a mentally retarded person is subject to institutionalization by court order shall be made in accordance with sections 5123.71 to 5123.76 of the Revised Code and shall be based on the definition of "mentally retarded person subject to institutionalization by court order" in section 5123.01 of the Revised Code.
(3) All persons who were eligible for services and enrolled in programs offered by the department of developmental disabilities pursuant to this chapter on July 1, 1991, shall continue to be eligible for those services and to be enrolled in those programs as long as they are in need of services.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.28,SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 11-11-1994; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007