(A) A person or government agency operating, on September 10, 2012, an ICF/IID pursuant to a nursing home license issued under Chapter 3721. of the Revised Code shall do both of the following as a condition of continuing to operate the ICF/IID on and after July 1, 2013:
(1) Not later than February 1, 2013, apply to the director of developmental disabilities for a residential facility license under section 5123.19 of the Revised Code for the ICF/IID;
(2) Not later than July 1, 2013, obtain the residential facility license for the ICF/IID.
(B) The nursing home license of an ICF/IID shall cease to be valid at the earliest of the following:
(1) The date that the ICF/IID's nursing home license is revoked or voided under section 3721.07 of the Revised Code;
(2) The date that a residential facility license is obtained for the ICF/IID under section 5123.19 of the Revised Code;
(3) July 1, 2013.
(C) Except for existing nursing home beds not certified as ICF/IID beds and relocated in accordance with a move authorized by a certificate of need under Chapter 3702. of the Revised Code, no bed that is part of an ICF/IID that is licensed as a nursing home on September 10, 2012, may be used as part of a nursing home on and after the earlier of the following:
(1) The date that a residential facility license is obtained for the ICF/IID under section 5123.19 of the Revised Code;
(2) July 1, 2013.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.